1. Be Active – The American cancer society recommends 30 minutes a day of moderate exercise.
2. Control your Weight – Excess pounds boost your risk of cancer.
3. Essential Fatty Acids – Omega-3 fatty acids protect against the spread of solid-tumor cancers that are related to hormone production, particularly breast cancer. These are so important that I will devote a post to their benefits.
4. Eat Healthy – Increase your consumption of whole grains, fruits,vegetables calcium and decrease your intake of fats and sweets.
5. Cultivate a Good Attitude – Be grateful, don’t sweat the small stuff,nurture good relationships, and stay in touch with yourself.
6. Check your Birth Control Pills – The benefits of the pills might outweigh the risks but talk to your gynecologist about what is best for you.
7. Indulge in a Little Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate contains an enzyme called kinase that kills cancerous cells and leaves healthy cells intact.
8. Eliminate Unnecessary Tests – Be cautious about tests that emit doses of radiation.
9. Get a Mammogram – And, if you have dense breasts, consider getting an MRI.
10. Eliminate Smoking – No explanation needed.