1. Breath through your nose. Yes, the beginning can be that simple! Breathing through your nose increases your intake of nitric oxide. Nitric Oxide causes your blood vessels to relax and to widen, thereby opening up your arteries. This decreases your blood pressure, allows better blood flow to your heart and other important organs. To read more about the health benefits of Nitric Oxide click here.
2. De-clutter your home and work space. It will lower your stress level and increase your efficiency at home and work. Organize your child’s work space as a good way to increase his or her productivity as well.
Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese art of placement and space. Think of it in western terms as putting your house in order. In Feng Shui, having a cluttered home blocks the energy flow through the structure. In Chinese Medicine, blocked energy can lead to both emotional and physical pain.
4. Give up perfectionism. Keep realistic standards for yourself.
5. Ask for help before you need it so it will be available when you need it.
6. Learn to say NO. You cannot take responsibility for everything and everyone.
7. Get sleep and some relaxation. If you are rested and relaxed, you have more energy to cope with life demands.
8. Eat foods and/or take supplements that are rich in Essential fatty acids. These are considered anti-inflammatory. EFA’s (Essential fatty acids) help with depression, stress, pain, arthritis and menopause.
Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids include: salmon, sardines, tuna and other cold water fish; nuts and seeds, notably flaxseeds, hemp seeds and walnuts; and soybeans and winter squash. To read more about EFA’s click here.
9. If you are married or have a partner, make it a priority to find time for just the two of you alone every week.
10. Get acupuncture!